Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Farewell Michael!

I had to write a post today. I knew I was going watch the memorial of Michael Jackson today, and without interruption, I was successful. I thought the songs and the tributes were tasteful and respectful. I was even impressed with the crowd. Of course I sobbed during the whole thing. I am not ashamed of that. He was the sound track of my childhood, like so many others. I felt as if I went to a funeral when it was done. This was history today. It is one of those "Where were you when this happened?" questions of our generation. I just wish that maybe if he could have seen the outpouring of love and support from people all over the world, maybe he could have had more faith in humanity. Rest in peace Michael, if anyone deserves it, you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment